Wow – it’s not over yet but nearing the end. In summary the highlights:
- Monday was the most stressful day with shipping the kittens who are doing well in the new home in Maui. Peter isn’t getting much sleep – I trust he’ll tell you about it in his blog. Best part of day was seeing the pictures of the kittens at home in Maui.
- Wednesday was move day. 385 items, 6 guys and me, 2 trucks, 1525 cubic feet and 11 hours and then we end up arguing on costs while the guys all wait. I would not recommend dealing with West Point Relocation. I also don’t care much if the the ship sinks on the way to Maui. After packing and stress – it is all just more “stuff”.
Best parts of the day – watching my hummingbirds play with the finches in my fountain, taking a hot bath at the end of the day realizing this is one part of our house I didn’t take advantage of enough.
- Thursday new carpet was laid, returned cable box, dropped stuff off at Goodwill, freecycled a few items, weighed the hazardous waste and got stuff all together for GOT-JUNK. Had dinner with friends from Adobe one who is still there and one who exited similarily to me. Best parts of day was realizing I could actually park in my garage again. At dinner with friends we talked about whether we miss Adobe and what takeaways we have. Neither Carmen or I miss Adobe at all except for our friends. I said that in looking back I convinced myself that Adobe valued me for all the things I did and there was always way much more to do. In truth, the true value any person brings to a company is what they know. When we are overwhelmed with a list of things to be done and feeling like you are being judged by getting them all done, step back and ask is this something that only I can do because of my knowledge. Does doing it make them value me more? I’m sure my to-do list at Adobe could have been cut by 90%.
- Today is Friday. I’m waiting on GOT-JUNK truck haul and Sprint Internet service people coming between 9 and 11. It is paint day for me… first a lot of patching – if time I want to repaint my study. Limitations are primarily day light since most the lights have been packed. My yard looks great; I’m going to miss my little garden with the birds showering in the fountains.
- Tomorrow is my last full day in San Jose. I fly out early Sunday morning. Final work is trips to deposit hazardous waste, final trips to goodwill. The cleaning guys are coming on Saturday to do a full clean of the house.
- Next week the house will be staged and put on the market. Next weekend is the first Open House. Hopefully, it will sell quickly for lots of $$. I don’t know if I have done all the work I’ve done/am doing because I want top dollar or because I take pride in my house. Probably both.