- Widgit is loving all the changes; she is my baby and loves projects and changes!
- Mooshie is hiding in fear; she is like Peter and hates change and disruption! Twice in the last 2 days she has hidden in a bathroom and we couldn’t find her without a 3rd look!
- New carpet in 4 bedrooms
- REALLY BEAUTIFUL bamboo flooring in most the rest of the house.
- My Prius is parked in driveway
- We have expected move in date of April 19-21
But nothing is totally done:
- We need to special order the stair noses, so the entry and stairways are still in ugly green carpeting. This may be 6-8 weeks. The floor installers did a wonderful job in spite of Home Depot. Kudos to Nye’s Flooring of Maui. I’d use them again (sans Home Depot) in a minute.
- I still need to install all the baseboards in bamboo rooms. This was cost savings that I executed and yes, I did get my miter saw! I love the laser line feature! I replaced all the baseboards in Peter’s study because the lower pile capeting didn’t work.
- And the painting is still not done; baseboards are pre-painted but lots of painting that I’d like to finish before moving day.
- Still very little progress on the sale of the house in San Jose. Weather in SJ is not happening. We found a few problems with our agents’ marketing; he is used to selling in local markets that people flock to. Few people “look for houses in Cambrian”. I told him this during our first meeting but apparently it didn’t mean anything to him.
So I’ve established a mindset with my tennis elbow — my mind will win over my body. I refuse to let the thing stop me. I have found that cold/heat/cold/elevate… really helps. Well it feels different and it seems to let me continue with more normal events. I went most the day today without Ibuprofen. My mind will rule! I still am trying to avoid doing things that really hurt though!
I look forward to taking my walk on the beach tomorrow – rain or shine.