It is now Day 6 of MoveIn. Seems like it will never end. My zen living crashed and burned.
- Day 0 – Container arrives. Few things extracted.
- Day 1 – Movers come. 3 guys and woman to move the stuff off the truck and unwrap the protected furniture. They were done by noon. Very nice people. Interesting character the woman was. Marina – with the classic Hawaiian spirit, long blue fingernails and a pickup truck. What do I mean by classic Hawaiian spirit? When was the last time your movers gave you a big hug, kiss and Aloha’s when they left! Day 1 continued as I rearranged and sorted through garage (needed to be able to close the garage door) and Peter started setting up his study. Peter sets up the TV/Stereo. We were able to sleep in master bedroom.
- Day 2 – Peter worked on his study. He was frustrated that hanging things takes much longer than you expect. I sorted miscellaneous areas of the house. Built the wine rack and filled it with shipped wine. Upstairs guest room looking pretty good.
- Day 3 – More general sort and cleanup. Peter finished getting his computer set up. I get my office/desk set up in living room.
- Day 4 – We worked together to organize books and get the family room (aka library) set up. Looking pretty good. I nix the idea of adding more bookshelves – I don’t want it to feel like a library with bookshelves on every wall. I go out shopping for a few necessary items (more storage solutions). I get Peter’s closet painted (I don’t want to have to move all his stuff out again!) and the closet organizer installed.
- Day 5 – Start on the kitchen. Get maybe 1/2 boxes unpacked. Still finding kitchen items in other places of the house. Don’t know how this will all fit. Upstairs guest room is a mess again. Pictures: Start Kitchen –> Kitchen in Chaos –> Kittens sleep through chaos!
- Day 6 (today) – Don’t we get a day off? I’ll blog and hopefully we can finish kitchen. Tomorrow we go to Costco to get more garage organizers! Hopefully soon I’ll be able to log house progress in weeks – not days!