New Year, New Hope
- Condo units sold is up over the last 2 months. Still down from where we were a year ago but similar to mid-year levels.
- Residential units sold is down. But pending numbers are up.
- Many agents are reporting an increase in activity. The numbers aren’t showing it but I’ve been having a lot more showings on my short-sale property.
- Prices are showing slight upward trend. I still think this is primarily because of sales of new development properties and really doesn’t reflect the whole market.
Oct 2008 Nov 2008 Dec 2008 Jan 2009 Feb 2009 Short Sales 199 201 198 204 Bank-owned 42 44 52 51 Foreclosures* 15 20 34 36 32
* Foreclosure counts are based on those advertised in the Maui News. This is not a complete list but reflects trends.
Feel free to make comments on this blog post..
If you would like notifications when this report comes out or have a question regarding the report, please subscribe here.
The following complete reports provide overall Maui data as well as data broken down by area.
View the Snapshot Report I’ve put all the snapshots of areas of Maui on a single page!
View the Full Trend Report – 2 years of trend data by area.