I’m the geek girl at our Keller Williams office. I recently was named our eEdge Ambassador where I volunteer my time to help other agents learn and adopt this great new technology. eEdge is corporate-wide initiative that has won the Inman Innovator Award for 2011! It is truly innovative in that it incorporates a contact database, website, search MLS, bunches of marketing material, and a whole transaction management system in to one location. It will make life a ton easier (and more productive) for those who learn to use it! We still have our existing search capabilities (see Maui Property Search on the sidebar) but click on the image to check out the new capability!
Yes things are a little different, but I love the new interface. Here is my quick synopsis of what I like and don’t like:
Like In The New
- Love the detailed property info with the kitchen sink of tools! Maps, walk score, school info and the
- Like the current market trend information. Ok, the trend info isn’t fully populated yet but give it time, it will be fabulous.
- Love the Nearby Listings
- Love the Mortgage Payment Calculator
- Love being able to VIEW all photos without waiting for next photo to load!
- Love the ability to Tweek your own searches or have your agent set them up for you!
- Love the format of the daily/weekly update emails. Much cooler than the standard interface that most Maui agents use.
- Love the fact that clients can email a listing to friends, save it to their favorites, request a showing or send it to Facebook. Too easy!
- Love that clients can look at new listings or foreclosures.
- Love the map view that allows you to zoom in and out and see different listings.
- Sort results by Price, Bed, Baths or Sq Feet. Everything high to low OR low to high.
Like In the Old
- Love the fact that you can embed searches and results in your website. Ok, it’s just i-frames so not the best for SEO. But you can add your own text around the frame.
- Love the Search By Map capability. It really search based on your selection area in the map.
- It actually searches by District which is the controlled field in our MLS system. (You can’t believe how many agents massacre the Hawaiian names in the city field.
- Users don’t have to register to search and view properties; they have to register to save searches.
- It allows client to search for specific condos that they like.
Dislike in the New
- Searches are TOTALLY based on zip code. So if you select Ka’anapali, you will actually get the whole West Side results because it is all one zip code. We are working with them on this; don’t know if we’ll be able to change.
- Users are required to register after a couple searches. I don’t like this but I can’t change it. So register, and I promise not to bug you until you ask for help!
- While I can put a search button on my site, the result takes you to another site. Away from The Maui Minute. So, I’m cross linking and hoping for the best.
- While the agent is able to set up searches on specific condos, the clients can not.
Dislike in the Old
- Sort is awkward and slow. Able to sort listings by price, location and Square Feet. It toggle but you don’t know which way without looking at the resulting data. Default sort is HIGH prices first.
I’m sure there are other things but this is a pretty good list to start. Please try them each tell me which you like.
Question 2: Vote on your favorite button!