Did you know that over 50% of recent sales in Maui are CASH? If you are not a cash buyer, it is essential to get pre-approved before looking to buy a home. Why? I have seen too many buyers miss out on the home of their dreams because they could not get a pre-approval letter fast enough! Often a seller will get multiple offers and without a pre-approval letter, your offer will be at the bottom of the pile.
I work hand in hand with my mortgage partners, which is imperative during the closing process on your next home. If you are working with a Maui mortgage professional, I’m happy to work with them. If not, here are a few that I’ve worked with in the past and been happy with their service. Each has different programs and working styles, so I recommend that you talk to a few before selecting one that you are comfortable with.
Axia Home Loans
Academy Mortgage Corporation
808-270-0070 or cell: 808-283-1640
First Hawaiian Bank
Dan Bardenhagen NMLSR ID 653667
Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
Until you are comfortable working with them, please ask them to NOT pull your credit. Each time someone pulls it, there is a hit on your credit. You can give them your basic information about employment history, salary, credit, etc. without filling out a full application.
Here are a few questions I recommend you asking to get started:
- Given my situation, what type of loan programs do you think may meet my needs?
- Once I get pre-approved, how long will it take you to get me a pre-approval letter for a specific property? If I find a home on weekend, can you help me?
- What do you have to offer that is different than everyone else?
- Why should I use a Maui lender?
- What are my biggest challenges in getting a mortgage?
I hope this helps you get going with the first step towards your home purchase. And please comment below if you have RAVE reviews of any Maui Mortgage Professionals!