I’ve spent at least 15 minutes in my garden each day. On Saturday I spent a couple hours. The result:
- My piles of rubbish are a little smaller
- A few areas are a little clearer.
- My plants are growing. My broccoli has something (besides me!) eating it. Today I sprinkled some cayenne pepper on it. We’ll see if it works.
- I planted the starts on Taro, Tapioca and Hawaiian Sweet Potatoes that I picked up at the South Maui Sustainability meeting.
- My almost dead Poinsettia’s from the holidays are looking like they might survive.
- I planted my basil starts.
- I harvested handfuls of parsely, a little bit of rosemary and basil and a bunch of kalamansi. My Kalamansi tree is blooming, has ripe and green fruit…all at once.
- I spent $19 on chicken manure and plant starts (that still aren’t in the ground).
I had a few people ask me about my 4 foot piles of vines… they really do exist! Here are some pics from my garden. Here are my piles!