Here are a few tips to make your searching experience productive!
- The default sort order is high to low. Currently there is not a way to change this default. In the Search Results view, you can click on Sort By “Price” to toggle between high-to-low and low-to-high.
- If you select Waterfront, you will only see properties that are listed as “Oceanfront” or “Beachfront”. Properties that are “Across the street from the ocean” will not be shown.
- View is basically a non-function. In the Maui MLS, view is a required field but this search even hits on “Other”.
- If you find a search you like, make sure to SAVE it for future use. You can save it and/or have it email you notifications when changes happen.
- The first time you come up during a session, the map takes a minute to load. Be patient because this powerful feature is worth the wait!
- If you mouse over the icon on the map, basic information on property will pop up. (Very cool!)
- You can zoom in and move around the map using the zoom and move tools in the top left-hand corner. To zoom, select the zoom icon and your mouse will become a “+”. Use your mouse to create a shaded rectangle of the area you are interested in. Release and the map will zoom to your area of interest.
- Below the map, you can narrow your search criteria and instantly, only the properties that meet your criteria will appear on the map.
- If you want to see a list view of all the properties on the map, select “Go to Search Results” at the bottom of the features selection box.
It is recommended that you NOT use this feature. It will work but in the Maui MLS system, these are not controlled and required fields. You’ll find Lahaina spelled 10 different ways and if you chose a wrong one, you’ll get limited results. Use the District search instead for much better results.